- 3 Italian hot sausages, casings removed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 8 ozs cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk
- olive oil
- 24 large (about 2 inch-diameter) mushrooms, stemmed
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1) Sauté sausage and oregano in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until sausage is cooked through and brown, breaking into small pieces with back of fork, about 7 minutes.
2) Using slotted spoon, transfer sausage mixture to large bowl and cool. Mix in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder, then cream cheese. Season filling with salt and pepper; mix in egg yolk.
3) Brush 15x10x2-inch glass baking dish with olive oil to coat.
4) Brush cavity of each mushroom cap with white wine; fill with scant 1 tablespoon filling and sprinkle with some of remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
5) Arrange mushrooms, filling side up, in prepared dish. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)
6) Bake uncovered mushrooms in preheated 350°F oven until mushrooms are tender and filling is brown on top, about 25 minutes.