- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs white button mushrooms, cleaned, stems trimmed (quartered if medium or halved if small)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium shallot, minced (about 3 tbs)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup Ketcham Estate Pinot Noir
- table salt and ground black pepper
Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms release liquid, about 5 minutes.
Increase heat to high and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid has completely evaporated, about 8 minutes longer.
Add butter, reduce heat to medium, and continue to cook, stirring once every minute, until mushrooms are dark brown, about 8 minutes.
Add shallot and thyme, cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
Add Pinot Noir and cook until liquid has evaporated, about 2 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve and Enjoy!