San Francisco Style San Dabs
- 2 lbs cleaned sand dabs
- 1 beaten egg yolk or milk
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs or Japanese Panko crumbs
- 4 tbsps softened butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon wedges
1) Dip sand dabs in egg yolk or milk; roll in seasoned bread crumbs or Japanese Panko crumbs. Throwing off excess crumbs.
2) Season with salt & pepper to taste. Don't be shy here.
3) Line shallow pan with buttered aluminum foil (You can also use Pam spray); place sand dabs on foil and broil 3 minutes each side. ~Or bake in 375 oven 12-15 minutes. ~Or you can pan fry 2-3 minutes on each side in small amount of butter.
4) Serve garnished with chopped parsley & lemon wedges. The lemons are IMPORTANT. Meyer lemons are the best.
Don't forget to pair with a couple of buckets of Ketcham Estate Pinot Noir.