Mushroom Orzo with Shallots in White Wine
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/4 cup shallots
- 2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup White wine--like Ketcham Estate Viognier
- garlic powder to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
1) Melt 1/2 the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the shallots, and cook until golden brown. Mix in orzo, mushrooms, and remaining butter. Cook and stir 5 minutes, until butter is melted and mushrooms are tender.
2) Pour water and wine into the skillet, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook 7 to 10 minutes, until Orzo is al dente (a little chewy Louie). Sprinkle Parmesan cheese & parsley over Orzo and serve.